Benefits of Distance Learning
- Flexibility : One of the biggest distance learning benefits is the issue of flexibility and time. Because students are not confined to a classroom for a certain number of hours on a given day, they can approach their coursework with flexibility and complete lessons when it suits their schedule.
- Convenience i.e. To Learn at your Own Pace
- Educator Support: Distance Learning programs often have EXCELLENT support from educators (be sure to consider this factor when choosing a program) -- often, your instructor is just an e-mail or phone call away.
- Peer Support
- Quantity and Quality : Distance learning allows you to CHOOSE the standards for the school you wish to attend -- you're not limited to what's within driving distance.
- Distance learning schools enjoy better marketability, which means that more students can ultimately attend them.
- Distance learning also allows for increased compensation and promotion potential, for the
- Distance education meets the needs of students who might otherwise be unable to attend on-campus classes, due to distance or time constraints.
Bioinformatics Institute of India (BII) offers distance participation programs in different life sciences domains and methodology has been designed to make it effective so that it is comparable to traditional face-to-face instruction mode .BII has adapted the methods which can make the distant students learn as much as students receiving traditional face-to-face instruction because the technologies used are appropriate to the instructional tasks, there is student-to-student interaction, along with the timely teacher-to- student feedback.