Industry Program in Intellectual Property Rights
India is ranked as the fastest emerging economy and a major global player in the years to come. The country has the largest scientific and technical human resources among top five countries in the world. With the advent of WTO regime, it has integrated its IP legislations in compliance with TRIPS agreement and is emerging hub for research and innovation.
Such transformation requires capacity building in the field of IPR human resources. Acquisition of patents, prosecution and protection require training and skills of IP law for technical and legal professionals.
IPR is an initiative that would provide professionals the knowledge of the recent developments designed for secretaries, administrators, lawyers etc. who are employed to support the work of Intellectual Property department or private practice firms.
The aim of the course is to study the legal form work of international trade and investment as laid down by the World Trade Organization and emerging legal regimes.
The course has been framed with the following objectives:
- To transform the available information for drafting IPR & IPR case studies.
- To promote the knowledge of Intellectual Property Laws of India as well as International treaty procedures.
- To find sophisticated problem related solutions of different forms of IPR.
- To act as an interface between industry / government and multilateral institution in various aspects relating to intellectual property.
- To give update on the patent filing procedures and application
IPR is a knowledge based application area and it has job prospects in every field or subject. The employment in this subject has no end and various economic pursuits are:
- Drafting Patent Bills.
- Legal IPR Advisor.
- Working as IPR Professional in various technical arenas.
- Working as Intellectual Property Right Management / Administrator.
- To draft patent for inventors.
- Work with National & International firm as IPR Consultant.
- To understand CA, CD, SITN softwares for patent search.
- Work in industries for different IPR forms Copyright, Trademark, Industrial Design.
Persons having a Bachelor’s Degree in any subjects.
The program is intended for: Legal Attorney, CA, Marketing personnel, IPR executive, Government officials, R & D people, Science and Management personnel, Industrial organization SME (Small & medium Enterprises), Mechanical, Electronic, Electrical, Chemical and Biologist. copyright related Entertainment & Software Industries, Authors & Artists,
Doctors / Computer Professionals / R & D Scientist having Graduation / Post graduation and PhD qualifications are also encouraged to apply for the course.
- Module 1 - Intellectual Property Rights in Pharma & Biotech Industry
- Module 2 - Intellectual Property Rights & the Law
- Module 3 - Amendments in Patent Act
- Module 4 -Intellectual property Laws
- Module 5 -Information Technology, International & Indian Patent Act
- Module 6 -Industrial IPRS, Design & Trademark
- Module 7 -IPR in Agriculture, Biotechnology & Pharmacy
BII Program Participation Fee for this program is Rs. 10,500 for participants based in India / USD 750 for Overseas participants. Payment is to be made through Demand Draft in favor of Bioinformatics Institute of India. Also you can Pay the program fees through NEFT & RTGS.
Pay Fees Online
Every student has to pay Rs. 500 per module as examination fees. Examination fee for Overseas participants is USD 30 per module.
For further details and enquiries
APPLY FOR THIS COURSE